This website and the “smartscopeacademy” e-learning platform (the “E-learning Platform”) (collectively, the “Website Information”) are owned by Optical Gaging (S) Pte Ltd ("us", "we" or "Optical Gaging").
Use of Website Information
- The information provided in the Website Information or in any communication containing a link to the Website Information is meant for personal use and information purposes only to promote Optical Gaging’s activities and products in Singapore.
- Such information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Quality Vision International Inc., or any subsidiary, affiliate or shareholder of Quality Vision International Inc. (together with Optical Gaging, the “Quality Vision Group") to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
- Where any opinions are expressed in the Website Information, they are provided by Optical Gaging for personal use and for informational purposes only.
- Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products in the Website Information are intended for use by residents of Singapore only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
- The Website Information are designed to be accessed through their principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the Website Information through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to the Website Information.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
- As a condition of your use of this site, you warrant to Optical Gaging that you will not use the Website Information for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms a interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website Information. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Website Information. Harassment in any manner or form on this site or through the Website Information is strictly forbidden. Impersonation of others throughout the Website Information is prohibited. You may not upload to, distribute, or otherwise publish through the Website Information any content which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive or illegal, or which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law.
Exclusion of Liability
- These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of the Website Information. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict Optical Gaging’s duties and liabilities to you under the laws of Singapore, or any conduct of business rules which Optical Gaging is bound to comply with.
- Access to and use of the Website Information is at your own risk and Optical Gaging does not warrant that the use of the Website Information or any material downloaded from them will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Optical Gaging also accepts no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of the Website Information by unauthorised third parties.
- While Optical Gaging has taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the Website Information, Optical Gaging excludes any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the Website Information or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the Website Information or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use either in Singapore or in other jurisdictions. If you use these Website Information from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- Optical Gaging accepts no liability however caused (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to the Website Information (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in these Website Information or if the Website Information are unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses;
- loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- losses or damages which was not reasonably foreseeable suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website Information and/or these terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall Optical Gaging, its suppliers, or any other party involved in creating or distributing this site be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website Information, with any delay or inability to use the Website Information or related services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Website Information, except as otherwise provided in these terms and conditions of use or in the terms and conditions covering purchases, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website Information, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Optical Gaging or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Optical Gaging (S) Pte Ltd. © All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of the Website Information without our prior written consent is prohibited. The entire content included in the Website Information, including but not limited to text, graphics logos, icons, images, audio or software is copyrighted under the Singapore and international copyright laws, and is the property of Optical Gaging, its content suppliers or Optical Gaging's use thereof has been authorized or licensed by the owner of such content. The compilation of the content of the Website Information is the exclusive property of Optical Gaging and is protected by international copyright laws. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Optical Gaging or purchasing products sold by Optical Gaging. You may display, and subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the site solely for your own non-commercial use and to register or to place an order with Optical Gaging to purchase products sold by Optical Gaging. Any other use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display, posting, mirroring, or transmission of the content of this site is strictly prohibited. You further agree not to change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from this site or to modify such materials in any way.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names used herein are proprietary to Optical Gaging and/or are licensed to Optical Gaging. Such trademarks, service marks and trade names are protected by common law and trademark law and may not be used in violation of Optical Gaging’s or any of its licensors' rights.
Links to Third Party Sites
- To provide increased value to users of the Website Information, Optical Gaging may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of Quality Vision Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked websites or resources, Optical Gaging is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that Optical Gaging does not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites or resources, (ii) the content of such websites or resources, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
Changes to Website Information
- In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Optical Gaging reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use of content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
Other Important Information
- The information contained in these Website Information is subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, all other publicly available information, including, where relevant any other documents published by Optical Gaging. The information is not tailored for any particular user and does not constitute individual advice on Optical Gaging’s products and/or services.
- The information published or to be published in these Website Information, or made available or to be made available through these Website Information is compiled and placed in these Website Information with the greatest of care. Nevertheless, only the original hard-copy English versions of this information shall be regarded as the original version. No rights may be derived from information published or to be published on this website, or available or to be made available through these Website Information, including with regard to its accuracy and completeness.
Use of “smartscopeacademy” E-learning Platform
General Usage Policy
- Your membership to the E-learning Platform (“Membership”) commences upon your valid registration on the E-learning Platform by way of your completion of the requisite online form and payment of the applicable registration and subscription fees, if any. Upon successful registration, you will be a Member of the E-learning Platform, and will be entitled to use the resources contained on the E-learning Platform.
- Information provided on the registration form must be true and accurate. Members are required to maintain and promptly update Optical Gaging of any changes at all times.
- Memberships are strictly non-transferable. Members shall not share their log-in details for the E-learning Platform with third parties.
- Optical Gaging reserves the right to vary the applicable fees payable.
- Optimal Gaging reserves the right to terminate your Membership and suspend or interrupt your access to the E-learning Platform in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions, including but not limited to abuse of the contents of the E-learning Platform or non-payment of the applicable fees.
- All intellectual property relating to the E-learning Platform (including its content, features, design, compilations and look-and-feel) belongs to Optical Gaging and its associated companies. Members shall not adapt, alter, store, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmitted, modify, exploit, frame, mirror or hyperlink without our prior written permission.
- The ownership of any copyrights which result from your participation as a Member of the E-learning Platform and which are eligible for Singapore copyright protection or any other applicable copyright protection (the “Work”) shall vest in Optical Gaging and be the sole property of Optical Gaging for any and all purposes whatsoever throughout the universe in perpetuity. Optical Gaging may alter the Work, add to it, or combine it with any other work or works, at its sole discretion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, all original material which results from your participation shall be the property of Optical Gaging, whether or not Optical Gaging uses such material. Optical Gaging and Members are aware and hereby acknowledge that new rights to the Work may come into being and/or be recognized in the future, under the law and/or in equity (the "New Exploitation Rights"), and you hereby grant and convey to Optical Gaging any and all such New Exploitation Rights in and to the Work and any other results or proceeds of participating as a Member of the E-learning Platform.
- The E-learning Platform may be rendered unavailable to Members for system maintenance or other necessary improvements at certain periods as Optical Gaging may deem fit.
- We do not confirm that any of the content contained or training provided on the E-learning Platform is relevant or useful in relation to the making by you of any specific business, or commercial decision for you or your business, wherever situated in the world. We do not make any representations, warranties, or assurances in relation to the results that are or may be obtained from the use of the E-learning Platform or its contents. Similarly, any of the content contained on the E-learning Platform should be taken as a representations, warranties, or assurances in relation to Optical Gaging’s products and/or services.
- Your use of the E-learning Platform and its contents are entirely at your own risk.
- You may terminate your membership at any point by providing [three (3) weeks’] written notice to Optical Gaging of the same.
- By accessing or using the Website Information, you are deemed to have given consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data where allowed for under Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (the “PDPA”).
- We will obtain personal data about you such as your name, address, contact details, or credit card details when you access the Website, register to use the E-learning Platform, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up to a service, enter a competition or purchase goods or services. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (the “PDPA”).