Personal Data We May Collect About You
We will obtain personal data about you such as your name, address, contact details, or credit card details, whenever you complete an online form, or access or use the E-learning Platform.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use the E-learning Platform, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up to a service, enter a competition or purchase goods or services. We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (the “PDPA”).
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will use your personal data in accordance with the PDPA. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- credit scoring and credit checking—see 'Credit checking', below;
- customising the Website Information and their content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or the E-learning Platform or to our services that may affect you;
- security vetting; and
- improving our services.
Marketing and Opting Out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, WhatsApp, WeChat or email about products, services, promotions, special offers or charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by contacting us at the contact details provided below.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in the non-exhaustive list below:
- other companies within our group including but not limited to Quality Vision International Inc.;
- our agents and service providers;
- credit reference agents—see 'Credit checking', below;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and
- our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above.
Keeping Your Data Secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
While we will take all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
To enable us and other companies in our group to make credit decisions about youyou’re your related companies and affiliates for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Information About Other Individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his/her personal data.
Transfers of Data Out of Singapore
When you signed up for our services or for membership of the E-learning Platform, you agreed that we could transfer your personal data to countries outside Singapore. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures in accordance with the PDPA to safeguard your personal data.
Access to Personal Data
Subject to the relevant provisions of the PDPA, you may request that we provide you with the personal data about you that we have in our possession or control, and information about the ways in which that personal data has been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of your request.
Upon the receipt of any such request, we will endeavour to provide you with the requested information as soon as reasonably possible, and after the payment of the applicable administrative fee.
Correction of Personal Data
Subject to the relevant provisions of the PDPA, you may request that we correct an error or omission in the personal data about you that we have in our possession or control.
Upon the receipt of any such request, and unless we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that the correction should not be made, we will endeavour to make the requested corrections as soon as reasonably possible, and after the payment of the applicable administrative fee.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer at [Kovia Tan] or you can write to us at the address below or call us on [6741 8880].
Our registered office is at:
Optical Gaging (S) Pte Ltd
No. 21 Tannery Road, Singapore 347733
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access or use the Website Information.